TDRI Library and Information Center was officially opened in January, 1986, with the main objective of providing relevant and up-to-date information both conveniently and repidly to the Institute’s researchers.
Institute personnel Services provided are as follows:
- Interlibrary loan
- Current awareness
- Selective dissemination of information (SDI)
- Database information retrieval
- Foreign photocopying service
- Referral Service
The library provides services for external users with these conditions:
Category A External users who borrow publications through interlibrary loan service without using any other services do not have to pay a fee.
Category B External users who come and use the library and borrow publications through an interlibrary loan service pay a daily fee.
Category C External users can apply for a six-month membership to use the library and to borrow publications.
A. Students must have a guarantee letter, certifying their status, from the head of the organization concerned to the Director of Information Services.
B. Organizations must submit a letter of guarantee from the head of the organization to the Director of Information Services indicating names of the officers who can use the library (not more than three persons), their status and the working period (beginning date and end date of contract).
Library Card Application
The external users must present to the library the guarantee letter from their own organization together with two photographs (1 inch) and an identification card and pay for the membership fee and deposit. The library will provide them with library cares for using the library and for borrowing library publications.
Using Library Services
1. External users with memberships and those paying daily fees can use both Thai and English publication databases.
2. External users can print search results from databases by paying 3 baht per page.
3. Photocopying service is provided for library publications, with the exception of TDRI publications and some other publications labeled “photocopy prohibited”. Entire books cannot be photocopied.
Photocopying Service Charge: One baht/page
Borrowing Regulations and Fines
1. External users can borrow three items at a time, for a maximum of two weeks.
2. Publications which can be checked out include books and documents.
3. Publications which cannot be borrowed include all reference books, the first copy and/or only copy of TDRI publications, periodicals, daily newspapers, audiovisual materials and other publications with prohibition indication.
4. Overdue fine is 5 baht per item/per day.
5. The library reserves the right to cancel memberships of those who do not follow the library’s regulations at any time.
Library Service Hours
Monday-Friday 8.30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.(except official holidays)
CONTENT OF MATERIALS
Publications cover all subject fields relevant to the interests and research of the Institute–agriculture, commerce, computers, economic development, economic policy, economics, education, energy, environment, finance, human resources, industry, labor, natural resources, population, public policy, science and technology, urban and rural development, and women and development.