Fellowships to Promote
Adaptation Finance in Research, Policy and Business
The Adaptation Finance Fellowship Programme (AFFP)
The International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Frankfurt School of Finance & Management and the Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI) are pleased to announce the Adaptation Finance Fellowship Programme (AFFP) – Linking Research, Policy and Business.
The Fellowship Programme supports and promotes exceptional individuals from the scientific community, the policy and the private sector in climate adaptation related fields from developing and emerging countries.
This cross-disciplinary and cross-sector exchange contributes to enhanced knowledge sharing and identifying good practices in adaptation finance from a policy, a private sector and research angle around the globe, to emerge as knowledge leaders, exertinginfluence, and bringing solutions to the national level.
Who can apply?
The fellowships are open to highly motivated applicants from developing and emerging countries that areworking in climate adaptation and finance or aim at future academic or professional careers in this field. Applicants can apply for one of three tracks:
The policy track aims to attract young and mid-career professionals, primarily from the public sector who have a couple of years of work experience in a relevant field.
The business track searches for professionals with a couple of years of work experience in the private sector, including microfinance, banking and insurance institutions, project developers, risk analysts, Corporate Social Responsibility professionals, SMEs and NGOs.
The research track is targeted at early career local researcher at universities, ministries, research centres or action research NGOs.
The application for and the participation in the Fellowship Programme is free of charge.
The Fellowship application and selection process is open, competitive, and transparent. Winners are chosen based on individual merit, including academic performance and preparation, intellectual capabilities, English proficiency, and the potential for contribution to AFFP.
What does AFFP offer?
- Get a free seat for the e-learning course “Certified Expert in Climate Adaptation Finance (CECAF)” at Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
- Network and discuss your experience and knowledge with other fellows and expert from all over the world in customized workshops, academies in Frankfurt and Bangkok, as well as online-based webinars.
- Enjoy personalized support and tutoring by international recognized experts in climate & adaptation finance
- Secure a research grant, mentoring programme and publication possibilities
The AFFP – Facts
- Applications can be submitted from 15th September 2016
- Deadline for application submissions is 31st October 2016
- The fellowship award will be announced by 31st January 2016
- Duration of the fellowship: March 2017 – August 2018
AFFP expects to award approximately 18 Fellowships
More information and the application details will be available in September 2016 at: https://tdri.or.th/en/AFFP
Join the AFFP and become an outstanding professional in climate adaptation finance.
The “Certified Expert in Climate Adaptation Finance (CECAF)” LinkEd E-learning course provides a comprehensive introduction to climate adaptation and climate adaptation finance. Frankfurt School LinkEd e-learning courses have many advantages:
- Full flexibility to study the course besides full time job and basic set-up to enable access from remote areas
- Interactive training including video lectures, PDF scripts, online tests, case studies, discussion forums, e-libraries, etc.
- Personalized support from the Frankfurt School Team
- Networking opportunities through course forum and alumni activities
- Obtaining a Frankfurt School Certification
Workshops and Academies
Workshops will take place in Frankfurt and Bangkok to enable fellows to present and discuss research ideas, findings and produced papers with colleagues as well as proven experts and the public.
During the Summer Academy, participants will analyse three to four adaptation finance topics from research, policy and business perspective. The Academy provides a good platform for exchange between the fellows and other interested senior actors in the respective field.
The Winter Academy (only policy and business track) is designed to harness leadership skills for the fellows. This Academy will enable the fellows to master the 5 essential leadership skills – team selection, team leadership, “self-leadership”, negotiation skills and moral integrity – needed to build strong and sustainable business models in emerging and developing countries.
The AFFP will cover the cost of travel to and from Frankfurt or Bangkok as well as tuition fee, room, and board for the time period for all Workshops and Academies. No honorarium will be offered.
Climate adaptation and adaptation finance are topics which are of importance to a variety of stakeholders within the global climate change community. To discuss new topics and/or disseminate the research findings of the fellowship programme, fellows will participate in a periodical webinar (web-based seminar) series.
Apply now at
Frankfurt School of Finance and Management gGmbH
Sonnemannstraße 9-11 60314 Frankfurt am Main Germany
Tel. +49 (0)69 154008-801 Email email@example.com www.fs-unep-centre.org
Thailand Development Research Institute
565 Ramkhamhaeng 39 Wang Thonglang District Bangkok 10310 Thailand
Tel. +66 (0)2 718-5460 ext. 306 Fax +66 (0)2 718-5461
Email firstname.lastname@example.org www.tdri.or.th